6.26.2007

I have spent the last 6 months or more in complete awe of the group of friends I have been blessed with at Clemson. And I mean it..."awe" is the only word I have for it. I am constantly surrounded by what I can only describe as the most encouraging, loving, dedicated, inspired, inspiring, and unique group of people on the face of the planet. I have never felt more secure in the support system I have than I do now. I could take any question, any problem, or any dream to them and feel 108% confident that they would support me and help me in any way they could. I have had several ideas even since we've left school for the summer that have been tweaked and expanded and prayed over and adopted enthusiastically--and I have had the amazing opportunity to hear their ideas and their hearts that speak so much louder than of the words they use.

And so, because I tend to ask too many questions, I had to ask...

WHY?

And one of the answers kind of scares/excites me.

I have never seen God do something that didn't have a purpose. And I don't believe that something this amazing exists just to encourage me, even though it does. I have to believe that, given the amazing talent and passion and compassion that I see in each of these people, that we are here for each other because there is coming a time when we will absolutely depend on each other for our survival (or sanity).

We've talked a lot about changing our campus before we leave. We're all involved in ministry, somehow and somewhere. We honestly believe that we have a huge task ahead of us, and instead of being intimidated we're EXCITED. If you talked to them like I do, you'd understand. They're serious about this stuff. And over the years I've come to realize that when God does something huge, it's hard. It comes from hours and hours of prayer, from selfless dedication and difficult changes. Things that are hard even for a close and encouraging and supportive group to deal with, but sometimes nearly destructive for a person without such help. I can honestly see that with what we want to get into in the next few years, we'll need help.

That's what God does...I've seen it over and over again. He prepares us ahead of time for things that we can't even imagine yet.

Before we even begin, He makes it possible.

2 comments:

Josh Fraser said...

You DO have good friends! Mind if I steal them?

Anonymous said...

Steph Im so excited about this upcoming year! You're Amazing!